UPCOMING INTRA and INTER SCHOOL EVENTS
- Students of classes IX to XII interested in taking part in Inter School Hindi Debate to be organized by Sarafa Vidya Niketan on August 24 should contact Vijaya Shirotriya ma’am and Shilpa Khargaonkar.
- Students of class XI & XII Commerce stream can participate in Inter School Commerce Quiz ‘Inquisitive’ to be organized by Queens’ College on September 7. Interested students to contact Vipin Wagh sir & Bharatee Pandey.
- Students of classes IV to IX can participate in The Macmillan Young Writers Contest, details of which have been given by the English teachers and are displayed on the cultural and sports notice board. Stories have to be submitted online by July 31. Students have to type the story and mail it at the given email id.
- Students of classes IX to XII who wish to participate in Inter School Business Quiz to be organized by Delhi Public School as well as Reserve Bank of India Quiz, an all India Quiz can contact Vipin Wagh sir or Bharatee Pandey ma’am during the short break.
Students & teachers can participate in Essay writing competition organized by Indore PAC – People for Awareness & Change, the essay may be written in English or Hindi, topic is – Ideas for Indore, max. word limit 5000 words, essays can be written individually or in groups of 4, last date is July 31, best essay overall prize is Rs. 25,000, other awards & details are put up on the sports and cultural board.
- The Royal Australian Chemical Institute, Australia is organizing Australian National Chemistry Quiz ANCQ 2013 for classes VII to XII on Tuesday, September 3, the registration of which is Rs. 150. The details of the quiz are displayed on the notice board of Chemistry Lab.
- Students of class VI to XII can participate in Photography competition organized by the Photography Club of the school. Theme for class VI to VIII is ‘Monsoon’ while for class IX to XII is ‘Violation of human rights in the city of Indore’. Students can submit a photograph clicked by them on A4 landscape photo print paper to Lavesh sir by August 14. Best photographs will be awarded. Photographs should not be downloaded from internet and the backside of the photograph must mention the place where the photograph was clicked.
- Students of class XI can participate in Debating Matters, a debate competition organized by British Council and Welcome Trust. A team of 4 to 6 students will participate from the school. Once the team is prepared to take the test, they log on to the web portal to appear for the OET debate which is like a computer-based timed test and lasts 60 minutes. The team answers a set of five questions on the topic. The topic for the OET is “Drugs in Sport”. Online Elimination Registration and Test (OET) can be taken by students till 10 August 2013. Interested students must give their names today positively to their English teachers.
- National Innovation Foundation NIF is organizing a nationwide competition for students of classes VI to XII to promote original technological ideas and innovations. Entries can be sent online or by post and there is no fee for participation. Details of the competition are displayed on the notice board of Chemistry Lab.
- Students of classes 7, 8 and 9 interested in participating in Intra school quiz round organized by Zee Learn Channel should give their names to their class teachers. Class teachers should give the names to Bharatee Pandey ma’am or Vipin Wash sir. The intra school round will take place on Friday, July 12 in the VII period. The winners will then participate in the inter school round. Students of these classes should start preparing for the quiz.
- IIT Guwahati is organizing Technothlon, the international school championship, the prelims of which will be held on July 14 in two groups – Huart Squad for classes XI & XII, Junior Squad for classes IX & X. Registration fee is Rs. 100 and the last date of registration is July 4. Interested students to contact Arti Alshi ma’am or Rohini Songaonkar ma’am for registration.
- Students in the age group of 16 to 21 years can participate in STEM Challenge, an initiative of Schools Online website of British Council. It is an objective test on basic science, physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics with no negative marking. The students will also be required to write an essay on a science related topic. The Challenge has a nominal registration fee of Rs 100 to be paid through an online payment gateway. The last date of taking the one hour test is 28 June 2013. The winner of the STEM Challenge will be awarded an all paid trip to the two-week London International Youth Science Forum 2013 at the Imperial College, London. You can read more about the STEM Challenge by clicking on http://schoolsonline.britishcouncil.org/node/22693. Interested students can note the website from the sports and cultural notice board.